The LPGA Tour moves on to its second Asian stop and will now be in Incheon, South Korea for the LPGA KEB-HanaBank Championship. The Sky 72 Golf Club Ocean Course will host the event once again where we’ll see some of the best ranked female golfers. During the 2014 edition KLPGA Tour member Kyu Jung Baek took the trophy home with an outstanding performance and a 10-under par score. This was Baek’s first LPGA appearance and she sure made it an unforgettable one.
Ten Asian players have won the event throughout the last editions, being Suzann Pettersen the only non-Asian golfer to win the tournament twice (2007 and 2012).
The field for this week includes Inbee Park, Lydia Ko, So Yeon Ryu and Lexi Thompson. The event will also feature some of the best members from the KLPGA like U.S. Women’s Open winner, In Gee Chun.
To see the final field of the event click on the link below:
LPGA World Top Picks
- Q Baek
- Austin Ernst
- Anna Nordqvist
- Yani Tseng
- Michelle Wie
Stats to know
- Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points
- Format: 72 holes
- Purse: $2,000,000
- Par: 72
- History: This event began in 2001. The event was cancelled that year due to military action by the U.S. and its allies.
- October 14 Golf Channel 11:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. ET
- October 15 Golf Channel 11:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. ET
- October 16 Golf Channel 11:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. ET
- October 17 Golf Channel 11:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. ET